Bike ride synopsis:
- What the hell was I thinking?
- There were thirty or more people on the ride and I didn’t see one hybrid.
- The owner of The Wheel Cyclery kicks ass, she stayed with me almost all of the time.
- I was at the back of the pack the entire ride.
- Did I mention the hills?
- Felt like a total NEWB.
- Projectile Vomiting when I came home due to; not eating enough earlier, running earlier in the day, and it was hard as hill.
- CAN’T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN…with my road bike which will be ready this week:)
Twenty-two miles in all, it was tough but I really want to do this again and get good at it. I really cannot wait to get my road bike and see how different it feels. The owner of the shop was awesome, she was so welcoming and encouraging. Every time we did some gruesome hill she would say, “That’s the last big one of the day!” I think she did this so I wouldn’t quit, I stopped believing her towards the end. I am sure they were easy for her, she rides to and from work every day, and then is a group leader on these community rides. I kind of wish I had bought my bike at her shop, but the guys from Epic were totally cool. I think I will check her out though for my shoes and pedals. Being clipped in seemed to help many of the riders push harder.
Oh yeah, I weighed this morning and I am down two more lbs. I need to post some before and after pics on here, I will try to get to that this week. I remember posting on here about being almost one hundred pounds overweight. It’s feels really good to not be there anymore. I would like to lose sixty more, I am enjoying this new lifestyle, I love eating to live and not stuffing my emotions. I love sweating. I love that I can fit everything in my closet, no more skinny clothes that I look at with regret. I love that I just realized that lots of them don’t fit, they are TOO big! Kick ass.
Have a wonderful day.